To learn about, and in celebration of, the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) festival, Ms. Hemmings’ Spanish 1 class recently completed a multimedia project based around the topic. This included creating 3D Sugar Skulls using the 3D printer, as well as audio and video recordings in Spanish and creating a presentation to packaging together everything they had learned.
Each student’s presentation had to include the following parts:
- Introduction to the project
- History of Día de los Muertos
- How the day is celebrated
- Audio poem recitation
- Video interview with a student from Mexico about the holiday
- Video introduction of your calavera (3D skull)
- Reflection about the process and your views on Halloween vs. Día de los Muertos
Students with iPads used the Camera, AudioCopy and Keynote apps to record, film and create their presentations and Middle School students on their Chromebooks used ClipChamp, TwistedWave and Google Slides.
A selection of screenshots and images from some of the students’ final presentations can be seen below: